Sunday, February 13, 2011

Superbowl Realization

Last week, as you know, was the Superbowl.  Every year we go to a Superbowl party, eat wings and nachos and other party foods, laugh at commercials.  Well, the game was on at 2:30am here in KSA.  Rob set his alarm but didn't get up.  I caught the last 4 minutes of the game after I got up for work.  I then woke Jack up and dressed him in the Packers outfit that Grandpa Dave bought him.

We got to school and I expected everyone to be buzzing about the game.  But guess what - only Americans care about American football.  Huh.  One of the other teachers (who is British) said, "Oh Jack, you have your green track suit on today."  I was like, "Hello, it's not just any green track suit...it's a Packers suit because the Packers won the Superbowl an hour ago" but no one cared.  She laughed, and at least knew what I was talking about, unlike most of the students and teachers around.

It's funny how I didn't care about American traditions like the Superbowl until I left America...hmmm...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura-we missed you this year at Superbowl! I thought we should have had a party at your house so that we could feel like we were somehow celebrating with you, but I forgot to ask Ryan. Also, your house has burned down. That was the main reason I guess that we couldn't have the Superbowl party. But dont worry, Ryan is busy at work rebuilding and the good news is the pergola survived.

    ReplyDelete