Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The post about energy drinks and space travel. . .

Hey there,

Long time no blog.

One of my favorite things about Saudi Arabia are the wacky knock-offs of popular products.

Take Red Bull for example.  For those of you who have never experienced a frat party. . .

Red Bull claims to
  • Increase performance
  • Increase concentration and focus
  • Increase reaction speed
  • Improve vigilance
  • Improve emotional status
  • Stimulate metabolis
I also think it makes you better at doing push-ups.

It has becoming wildly popular with people who are into extreme sports (increased performance), long-haul truckers (increased focus) and security guards at shopping malls (improved vigilance).

I frequently drink Red Bull in the morning, but it's expensive so I've resorted to sampling cheaper alternatives.  

#1 Alternative:  Power Horse (http://www.power-horse.com/)


I don't know what a Power Horse is.  
I don't know if "power" is an adjective.  
I don't know why I get the meat sweats when I drink it.

But I do know it's cheap, it's tasty and it makes me feel manly.  The other day I gave Jack a  sip and he immediately tore his shirt off, grabbed a hammer and started building a garage in the back yard.  

#2 Alternative:  Bison (http://www.bison.com.sa/)

If the store is all out of "The Horse".  My backup plan is usually Bison.


Bison tastes like crushed up smarties, and makes my ears burn.  I found this on the website:

It has been said that Bison, more so than any other animal or bird, is a unique symbol of the strength and determination.

It is one of the only few animals who can face into storms and that can run thirty-five miles per hour inspite of its massive built. Typically the word Bison associated with forceful, powerful and robust - all perfect words to describe who we are and what we do at Bison Energy Drink.



#3 Pocari Sweat (www.pocarisweat.com)


Because "the amount we sweat is greater than we imagine".

 I'm not sure what a pocari is, but its sweat tastes like watered-down grape fruit juice.

In non-energy drink related news. . .

Heads up NASA!  

Al Khobar-where dreams of commercial space travel are realized!
That's all for now!
Rob

4 comments:

  1. I was going to ask what the meat sweats are, but I don't care to find out.
    Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they have a big picture of Lance Bass on their wall of celebrity clients?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do frat boys consider themselves to be "forceful, powerful and robust"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. more pictures of the Jack-attack please.

    ReplyDelete