Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sand Sledding

We are in the middle of a several day schmall, the Middle East's answer to a blizzard.  Yuck.  There is visible brown dust in the air and this morning it was so windy that we could feel the sand whipping at our legs. 

But I shouldn't complain - we have had beautiful weather and very few sandstorms.  And sand doesn't make it hard to drive, and I don't have to shovel sand. 

To make the best of all the sand, when my parents were here we went sand sledding.  My dad had had enough sand the day before in Hofuf, so my mom and Jack and I piled in with some neighbors and drove about 45 minutes south to a big dune.  The kids had a great time!  Just like snow sledding, the way down is much more enjoyable than the long trek back up.
Poised at the top

The fun ride down
The long trek up

It's way more fun to be pulled!

Grandma's daily workout

Sand angels

No comments:

Post a Comment